Barbering has been around for such a long time, it is considered one of the oldest professions in the world today. With that in mind, here are some interesting and fun facts about barber history:
- The word barber comes from the Latin word "barba," meaning beard.
- The symbolic barber pole evolved from bloodletting. Some say the white represents the bandages, the red the blood, and the blue the veins.
- In early ages, beards signified wisdom, strength, and manhood.
- Some early tribes cut their hair to rid bad spirits
- In most early cultures, hairstyles indicated social status